Wednesday, June 27, 2018

You're not going to believe this, but it's true - and these people "think" they're professionals in the PR world


I logged on today to the RadioGuestList.com and decided to buy one of their packages, the better to serve a new client I landed today (plus to better serve other clients I already have).  The service I selected was their weekly dump of all new radio guest opportunities – the price (on their website) was $4.97, with a note that I should act quickly because it would soon double in price – they specifically said I needed to act now to “lock the lower price in.”   

Uh, yeah. 

Not a big fan of that “act now or we shoot your dog” kind of marketing, but they made their point.

So I clicked purchase, and instead of $4.97, the price was listed as $5.97.  A month. So I’m kvetching about $12 a year, right?  Hardly worth it.  But wait, there’s more … (and by the way, I’d show you the "more" but they’ve already changed their website).

Anyway, thinking there was  a glitch, I wrote to note that they’d screwed up their pricing (based on what was said on their website), thinking they’d do the right thing and honor their posted price. Instead, I got this email note:

Hi Ned,
Sorry about that.  The price is $5.97.
Looks like we missed updating that on the website after raising the price recently.”

Frankly, I’m absolutely gobsmacked.  They’re pissing off a prospective client (who has access to thousands of other prospective clients) for a buck a month? Incredible.  I guess we’re witnessing the death-throes of customer service and professional integrity.   

Damn, skippy, but this is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment